Sunday 23 March 2014

Dust away the cobwebs



Walking away your woes

Do you ever feel fuzzy-headed? Not clear, not confident, slightly confused and a little fed up? Have you ever felt so angry that you wanted to explode?

I recently I had a situation that made me feel very upset and agitated, I was tempted to get very angry and start letting sparks fly. Instead I put my coat on and went out for a walk. I need to cool down and get a clear perspective.


It's amazing how when you walk your mind clears. I don't know how it happens. Is it the fresh air? Is it the movement of your feet? Or is it the fact that you're away from your familiar surroundings or the situation? But it gives you a clearer perspective on everything. It as if the movement of your body enables your mind to think clearly! The freedom of being outdoors in the fresh air and away from your familiar surroundings seems to do wonders.


Since that day I went back to walking every morning before starting my day. I used to do it often but lapsed over the winter months.


I now remember why I did it. When I'm walking it gives me a chance to think things through clearly. I don't have to try, it just happens naturally. When you're walking there's nothing else you can do but think! There are no other distractions. It's a time to reflect, analyse, consolidate thoughts and feelings and get everything into perspective. I don't know how it happens but I do know it gives you a chance to blow away the cobwebs from your mind and clear your head. 


So today, while the sun is shining, take the opportunity to get alone and just walk. See it as your 'me-time'. No one will miss you for half an hour and believe me at home you just don't seem to get that quiet time alone. 

Walk at an easy pace, no need to power walk and just allow yourself time with you to think, dream, sort, plan, categorise and sift through thoughts, feelings, emotions and ideas so that you can dust away the cobwebs! You will be calmer, clearer and more organised and less fuzzy-headed. Even motivated!


You'll also get a bit of exercise while you're at it!


Email me feedback! Would love to know how you got on.


Have a great day!

Sally x


Read more:

What's On at SHL:

Women's Weight-Loss Workshop, Saturday 5th April, 10am-2pm



No comments:

Post a Comment