Thursday 3 April 2014

Are you resistant to change?


Are you resistant to change?

I like to help people wherever I can. Today I was talking to someone who really wanted to get rid of some belly fat. Great! I thought I can give her some suggestions. I asked a few questions to gauge what her diet's like and suggested she cut back on some foods that encourage fat storage especially around the belly area. However, while she kept complaining about wanting to change, she insisted on not changing a thing in her diet. No matter what suggestions I gave she would happily talk over me and counter everything I said. Then it came to me. She doesn't want to change

Change is a funny thing. We want it to so much yet we sabotage it at every opportunity. We welcome the final result that the change may bring but not the process we have to go through to get there. This lady probably did want change but didn't want to give up her bread and pizza to get there! That's fine. When she's ready she will. But isn't that typical of all of us? Not just where diet is concerned but in areas of life where we desperately want change but either the difficulty of the process or the fear of change stops us in our track.

I think I heard somewhere "The fear of change is better than the pain of regret".

Just a thought!

Have a great week.


Sally x

More to read:
Dust away the cobwebs
Giving up something for Lent?

The Perfect Lifestyle
New Year New YOU Staying on track with your goals for 2014
How to survive the Festive Season (and still have fun!)
Are vegetable and seed oils good for you?
September is here! Are you ready?
It starts with food - The Whole30 Programme
Don't waste your time!

Three things you can do to change your health now!
Life on your terms


Get in touch! Email: info@sallyhumphries.com Would love to hear from you or call 020 8133 1997 or 07984 033 310



Don't forget to book your place on our Weight-Loss and Lifestyle Workshop next Saturday 5th April.

Helping you to understand the impact of certain foods to your body's fat storage mechanism, how to get off food addiction, eating more food and certain types of food for weight loss and much more! Plus a healthy lunch included. Book early bird priced tickets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment